Russell Crowe is sorry about his circumcision rant on Twitter

13/06/2011

 (CBS) - What seemed like an innocent question spiraled out of control on actor Russell Crowe's Twitter.

On June 9, after a fan asked the Oscar winner if he'd get his newborn circumcised, Crowe responded, "Circumcision is barbaric and stupid. Who are you to correct nature? Is it real that GOD required a donation of foreskin? Babies are perfect."

The rant didn't stop there.

Another follower said, "There's actually a scientific reason for [circumcision], u should google it."

Crowe replied, "My friend, 'human' science has caused too much damage, don't be a moron."

Then after a different follower pointed out that the practice promotes better hygiene, Crowe responds, "Hygenic? Why don't you sew up you're a** then?"

Crowe also tweeted at "Man With an Iron Fist" director Eli Roth, "I love my Jewish friends, I love the apples and the honey and the funny little hats but stop cutting yr babies."

The Twitter clash swelled as other comments were exchanged by Crowe and followers beyond circumcision, from comparing sexual mutilation to ceremonial acts to abortion and women's right to choose.

Later, Crowe deleted his posts on the subject - the heated ones - and apologized to everyone he might've offended.

"I have a deep and abiding love for all people of all nationalities, I'm very sorry that I have said things on here that have caused distress... My personal beliefs aside I realize that some will interpret this debate as me mocking the rituals and traditions of others. I am very sorry," Crowe tweeted.

Roth defends Crowe, insisting that the actor was kidding and accusing the media of "blowing the comments out of proportion."

Source: cbsnews.com.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий